Connect your agency with the nation’s best jail experts and trainers affordably without the added travel, lodging and overtime expenses. Using state of the art software, NIJO has developed legal-based jail training curriculum to assist sheriffs and jail administrators.
Detention and Corrections Online Training Academy: DACOTA provides jail administrators and supervisors the most interactive and engaging online jail training available. The curriculum is based on current case law, with videos and real-life scenarios, and is unlike any online training ever created for corrections. The curriculum is approved for NIJO Certification toward CJO, CJS, and CJE level certification. It includes critical operational and highly litigious topics broken down into 5 key areas of focus. Examples include:
- Liability Management (In-Custody Deaths, PLRA, Health Care Liability, Writing Policy and Procedure, etc.)
- Correctional Law (Inmate Discipline, Use of Force, Inmate Communication, Searches, etc.)
- Personnel Management (Ethics, Social Intelligence, Leadership, etc.)
- Planning and Preparation (Fire and Life Safety, Contingency Planning, Litigation Defense Preparation, etc.)
- Jail Operations (Classification, Disturbances, STGs, Suicide Prevention, PREA, etc.)