POSTPONED: Michigan Jail Command Staff Academy: Session #3 (NEW DATES: Oct 27-29, 2020)
June 2 @ 8:00 am - June 4 @ 5:00 pm
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, this training has been postponed from June 2-4, 2020, to the new dates of October 27-29, 2020. We will continue to monitor this situation and keep you informed of any changes.
This Tuition Free* Command Staff level training is approved by the Michigan Sheriffs’ Coordinating and Training Council (MSCTC) and the Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority (MMRMA). The program is designed and presented by the National Institute of Jail Operations (NIJO), to engage jail command staff that operate Local Correctional Facilities within Michigan. Upon completion, successful graduates will receive an Academy Completion Certificate from the MSCTC and the MMRMA, along with approximately 72 credit hours that may be applied toward the NIJO National Certified Correctional Supervisor (NCCS) or National Certified
Correctional Executive (NCCE) certification.
The 8- Core Management Areas of advanced training will consist of:
- Statistics and Data Driven Decision Making
- Report and Business Writing
- Proactive Liability Defense: Policy & Procedure, Audits & Inspections
- Budgets, Purchasing and RFP Management
- Personnel Management
- Legal Issues
- Investigations and Preparing for Litigation
Attendee Registration Requirements and Information:
- Course is limited to first 25 participants. Limited to 2 attendees per Sheriff’s Office.
- Limited to Jail Command Staff who operate a Local Correctional Facility in Michigan.
- TUITION FREE* = When above registration requirements have been met, tuition is free for attendees.
Lodging, dinner, and travel expenses (including mileage) are the responsibility of the attendee or their
Agency. (Continental breakfast, buffet lunch and snacks provided on training days to attendees.)
Registration Deadline is April 1, 2020.
Register here: https://files.constantcontact.com/15ec349c501/bd92f3c1-7f56-4840-aa3c-ec3cb4b7a51c.pdf
- June 2 @ 8:00 am
- June 4 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- Academy, Certification, corrections, jail administrator, Jail Commander, Legal-Based Training, Michigan, Michigan Jail Command Staff Academy, Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority, Michigan Sheriffs, Michigan Sheriffs' Coordinating and Training Council, MMRMA, MSCTC, National Institute for Jail Operations, NCCE, NIJO
- National Institute for Jail Operations (NIJO)
- Michigan Sheriffs’ Coordinating & Training Council (MSCTC)
- Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority (MMRMA)