LEE COUNTY, GA —
A prisoner at Lee State Prison in Leesburg has died after being hospitalized for coronavirus.
According to a news release from the Georgia Department of Corrections, the 49-year-old offender died around 6:45 p.m. Thursday after being hospitalized since March 15.
Here’s the status of the rest of Lee State Prison:
- 2 offenders were hospitalized after testing positive on March 20
- 3 offenders tested positive between March 25-27. They are asymptomatic and in isolation
- 1 offender was hospitalized for flu-like symptoms on March 22, test results are pending
- 13 other offenders are in medical isolation after exhibiting flu-like symptoms, only 2 have been tested for coronavirus
- 4 staff members have tested positive for COVID-19, 3 are asymptomatic and quarantining at home and the other is in the hospital
By: 13 WMAZ Staff