Welcome to National Institute for Jail Operations
The National Institute for Jail Operations (NIJO) is dedicated to serving those who operate jails, detention and correctional facilities across the country. NIJO recognizes and understands the enormous liability and increasing litigation facing administrators. We provide a compilation of legal-based resources and information to assist agencies in making facilities safer and more secure, helping you proactively defend against frivolous litigation to protect against adverse publicity and liability.
Upcoming Training Events
- February 3, 2020 - February 7, 2020 at Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC)
- May 4, 2020 - May 8, 2020 at Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC)
- August 10, 2020 - August 14, 2020 at Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC)
- November 9, 2020 - November 13, 2020 at Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC)
Knowing the Differences Between National Standards, Contract Agreements and Legal-Based Guidelines
Popular This week
In the News
NIJO Wraps up WSSA-NIJO Regional Training for 2019 in Edmond, OKWSSA and NIJO have joined forces to offer an advanced legal-based jail training program for WSSA members. To accommodate everyone, the seminars have been offered at locations across WSSA territories, from Montana to Oklahoma. NIJO and WSSA express appreciation to the following counties hosting this important training:
- Lewis & Clark County Sheriff's Office, MT
- Campbell County Sheriff's Office, WY
- Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office, OK
Online Training Based on What the Law RequiresDACOTA training is based on what the law requires for running constitutionally safe facilities. ONLINE TRAINING BENEFITS:
- Courses specific to corrections only
- Nationally-recognized instructors
- Interactive and engaging
- Approved for NIJO Certification
- BRAND NEW State-of-the-Art Learning Platform in 2020!
- Agency and Individual Enrollment
- 35+ CEUs and Growing! Learn more here.
Registration Opening Soon for JAILCON in 2020!Save the dates for JAILCON Regional Conferences next year!
Scottsdale, AZ | Talking Stick Resort June 28-July 1, 2020
New Orleans, LA | JW Marriott August 18-20, 2020.Over 40 hours of legal-based training taught by corrections experts covering topics including Use of Force, In-Custody Death, Gender Identity Dysphoria, Duty to Protect, Classification, Grievances, Inmate Medical and Mental Health, Officer Wellness and much, much more!
- Total Agencies Using LBJG
- Total Completed DACOTA Credit Hours
- Attendees Trained at NIJO Events: