Kansas Supervisory Training – Session 1
March 27 - March 29$500
The Kansas Jail Training Academy (KJTA) continues to operate successfully for basic training for corrections officers, however, many agencies have expressed the need to offer corresponding legal-based training specifically designed for supervisors. With input from the KSA Jail Committee, the National Institute for Jail Operations (NIJO) has designed a curriculum in 8 core supervisory areas. Attendees are encouraged to come learn, apply and share these essential skills.
DATES: March 27 – 29, 2023 (Mon 0800 – Wed 1200)
* Includes training, lodging & meals at KLETC
Each session consists of 2.5 days (20 hours) of legal-based training for all jail personnel with supervisory duties & responsibilites.
• Responsibilities, duties & interaction with line staff
& command staff.
• Staff discipline & confronting negative behavior.
• Basic scheduling rules & considerations.
• Report writing, critical incidents & accident/injury reporting
• Leadership skills, managing amidst change
• Time management
• Inmate, staff, vendor & volunteer management
DE-ESCALATION FOR SUPERVISORS
• Decision-making for first-line supervisors
• Intervening with inmates (gen pop & special/PC pop)
• Verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
• Conducting self-audits, preparing for external inspections
Download Flyer here