The Kansas Jail Training Academy (KJTA) continues to operate successfully for basic training for corrections officers, however, many agencies have expressed the need to offer corresponding legal-based training specifically designed for supervisors. With input from the KSA Jail Committee, the National Institute for Jail Operations (NIJO) has designed a curriculum in 8 core supervisory areas. Attendees are encouraged to come learn, apply and share these essential skills.
TWO SESSIONS AVAILABLE IN 2022!
March 28 – March 30, 2022 (Mon 0800 – Wed 1200)
March 30 – April 1, 2022 (Wed 1300 – Fri 1700)
COST: $500/person (includes training, lodging & meals at KLETC)
Each session consists of 2.5 days (20 hours) of legal-based training for all jail personnel with supervisory duties & responsibilities.
• Responsibilities, duties & interaction with line staff & command staff.
• Staff discipline & confronting negative behavior.
• Basic scheduling rules & considerations.
• Report writing, critical incidents & accident/injury reporting
• Leadership skills, managing amidst change
• Time management
• Inmate, staff, vendor & volunteer management
DE-ESCALATION FOR SUPERVISORS
• Decision-making for first-line supervisors
• Intervening with inmates (gen pop & special/PC pop)
• Verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
• Conducting self-audits, preparing for external inspections
You must be logged in to post a comment.