Connect your agency with the nation’s best corrections experts and trainers affordably without the added travel, lodging and overtime expenses. Using state of the art software, NIJO has developed legal-based corrections training curriculum to assist sheriffs and jail administrators.
Detention and Corrections Online Training Academy: DACOTA provides corrections professionals with the most interactive and engaging online training available. The curriculum is based on current case law, with videos and real-life scenarios, and is unlike any online training ever created for corrections. The curriculum is approved for NIJO Professional Certification toward National Certified Corrections Officer (NCCO), National Certified Corrections Supervisor (NCCS), and National Certified Corrections Executive (NCCE) level certification. [NOTE: The cost of certification is separate and not included in DACOTA enrollment and visa versa.]
DACOTA corrections online training includes critical operational and highly litigious topics broken down into 10 key areas of focus. Examples include:
- Civil Liability & Risk Management – (PREA, Writing Legal-Based Policy and Procedure, etc.)
- Correctional Law (Prisoner Rights, PLRA, etc.)
- Inmate Communications (Access to Courts and Counsel, Inmate Mail, etc.)
- Personnel Management (Code of Conduct, Ethics, De-Escalation Skills, etc.)
- Inmate Security, Safety and Welfare (Duty to Protect, Required Life Necessities, etc.)
- Inmate Health Care – (Managing Mentally Ill, Suicide Risk Screening, etc.)
- Inmate Management – (Classification, Grievances, Inmate Discipline, etc.)
- Religious Exercise, Marriage, LGBTI (First Amendment Rights, RLUIPA, Inmate Marriage, etc.)
- Searches – (Prisoner Searches, Area Searches, etc.)
- Use of Force & Restraints (Pre-Trial Detainees, Convicted Inmates, etc.)
Learn more about getting started with DACOTA. To get signed up for DACOTA or inquire about individual/ agency pricing, use the Contact Us button below.